Saturday, October 28, 2023

Navigating the academic peaks & mastering the most demanding topic with resilience

Happy Halloween! In order to fully embrace the Halloween spirit, I had the opportunity to volunteer at Trick or Treatmoor this past weekend at a premier fundraising and neighborhood engagement event. I contributed to the transformation of the event space by assisting with setting up the different booths they had to offer with Halloween decorations and assisting in preparing refreshments, food, and raffle tickets one could buy for the event. Whether it was helping kids create their own masterpieces at the coloring booth, guiding them to carve their spooky pumpkins, or immersing them at the tye dying table, the event was full of creativity and fun. I am fortunate to have been part of this experience where the Halloween spirit flooded the atmosphere all while contributing to a worthy meaningful cause.

Hours: 4





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the second month into the pharmacology program comes to an end, we've just conquered the most demanding topic to date. I really enjoyed the autonomic nervous system and cardiovascular block, the material made a lot of sense that we apply to our everyday lives and it was fascinating to follow along with. I think creating table charts to memorize the different drug classes and drugs within them made studying a lot easier as well as drawing flow charts for certain mechanisms to immensely grasp the bigger picture. The SIM lab we attended also put things into perspective big time! Overall, I'm eagerly looking forward to applying all the knowledge I've learned so far to future topics we will discuss.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Mastering Pharmacology: Closing the Book on a Year of Growth

This month, I had the opportunity to serve as a food pantry delivery driver, thanks to bringing my car down here from Miami. Although I'...