Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Mastering Pharmacology: Closing the Book on a Year of Growth

This month, I had the opportunity to serve as a food pantry delivery driver, thanks to bringing my car down here from Miami. Although I'm still learning to navigate the roads of New Orleans, it was a fulfilling experience driving for a good cause while enjoying the comfort of my own car.

Hours: 4 (over two weeks)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We anticipated the final exam we had been hearing about all year—the NBME. Surprisingly, it wasn't as daunting as I had expected, considering we had ample time to prepare. I enjoyed conducting a full review of the entire semester, reinforcing key concepts, and revisiting widely used drug names. Completing my last presentation in April was also a relief. Despite the workload, I'm genuinely appreciative of the skills I've acquired throughout this process. 

With the program concluded and our last exam behind us, I can now shift my focus to MCAT. While that might not initially sound appealing, few discuss the pros of this exam. Despite its reputation for being challenging, there's true beauty in the process. It serves as a direct indicator of our determination, resilience, and hard work as pre-med majors. Appreciating the countless hours we spend studying while the rest of the world rests and enjoys their weekends, I can honestly say I've fallen in love with preparing for the MCAT. It reconnects me with my 'why' and serves as a tangible indicator of all my efforts. The only drawback is the imposed timeline, which can make studying for the exam frustrating. Despite that, I genuinely enjoy the process of studying for the MCAT! 

Looking back, it's hard to believe how quickly the year has passed. In the blink of an eye, I now hold a master's in pharmacology. I'm deeply grateful for the connections I've formed, the new city I've embraced, and, most importantly, the knowledge and professionalism I've attained during my time here. I would do it all over again






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mastering Pharmacology: Closing the Book on a Year of Growth

This month, I had the opportunity to serve as a food pantry delivery driver, thanks to bringing my car down here from Miami. Although I'...